What dates can I book?
If a date is not showing on the tour booking form it will be for one of these reasons:
- All tours are subject to availability. Tours are popular and can become fully booked.
- Tour booking windows are opened quarterly, so dates far in advance cannot be booked;
- Tours are not available everyday. Tours do not operate when parliament is in session; this is normally Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Tours will operate on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday only when parliament is in recess. The exception is the February and December recess when tours will not operate as the building will be closed to the public;
- The Parliament is closed to the public on Sundays, so guided tours do not operate on Sundays;
- Major parliamentary events that involve the use of the Debating Chamber or substantial parts of the building can also mean that tours will not operate;
- Tours can be altered or cancelled at short notice. The demands of parliamentary business take priority and as a result tours can be cancelled.
- Large groups may be offered 30 minute tours or a public gallery talk to accommodate numbers
What times are available?
Tours depart at set times. These times are subject to availability as each tour departure time can take a maximum of 20 visitors and parliamentary business or events could result in alterations to tour departure times.
How will you use my e-mail address?
If tour spaces are available we will send a booking confirmation to this e-mail address. If spaces are not available we shall e-mail you to let you know.
How will you use my phone number?
We will only use your phone number to contact you if there is an alteration to visiting arrangements, for example, a cancellation or a change to timings. We may also use your phone number to confirm your attendance in advance of the visit and on the day of the visit if you have not registered for your tour by the time indicated on your confirmation e-mail/letter.