Meetings of Committees
All meetings take place in the Scottish Parliament, unless otherwise specified.
Standards, Procedures and Public Appointments Committee
9th Meeting, 2015
The Committee will meet at 9.30 am in the David Livingstone Room (CR6)
1. Decision on taking business in private: The Committee will decide whether to take item 5 in private.
2. Inquiry into the election of Committee Conveners: The Committee will take evidence from—
3. Annual report: The Committee will consider a draft annual report for the parliamentary year from 11 May 2014 to 10 May 2015.
4. Code of Conduct: The Committee will consider the rules in the Code of Conduct on lobbying and access to MSPs.
5. Cross-Party Group - complaint: The Committee will consider a complaint against a Cross-Party Group.
6. Inquiry into the election of Committee Conveners (in private): The Committee will consider the evidence heard earlier in the meeting.
7. Scotland Act 2012 - finance changes (in private): The Committee will consider a note by the Clerk.
Devolution (Further Powers) Committee
15th Meeting, 2015
The Committee will meet at 10.30 am in the Mary Fairfax Somerville Room (CR2)
1. Work programme (in private): The Committee will consider its work programme.
Meeting of the Parliament
11.40 am Parliamentary Bureau Motions
11.40 am General Questions
1. Adam Ingram: To ask the Scottish Government what progress has been made with the restoration of abandoned opencast coal sites in East Ayrshire. (S4O-04354)
2. Colin Keir: To ask the Scottish Government what assessment has been made of the recent safety checks on the Forth Road Bridge. (S4O-04355)
3. Richard Lyle: To ask the Scottish Government what steps it is taking to increase the number of doctors in training for general practice. (S4O-04356)
4. Annabel Goldie: To ask the Scottish Government whether it considers that the alcohol licensing regime for public houses and clubs is operating satisfactorily. (S4O-04357)
5. George Adam: To ask the Scottish Government whether all 16 and 17-year-olds will be eligible to vote at the 2016 Scottish Parliament election. (S4O-04358)
6. John Lamont: To ask the Scottish Government how many single application forms for rural payments and services have been fully processed under the new information technology system. (S4O-04359)
7. James Kelly: To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to support college students. (S4O-04360)
8. Kenneth Gibson: To ask the Scottish Government what the current status is of the proposed Dalry bypass. (S4O-04361)
9. Neil Findlay: To ask the Scottish Government what its position is on the statement by ScotNursing that it can only fill 40% of vacancies when it could previously fill 90%. (S4O-04362)
10. Gavin Brown: To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on the Scottish business development bank. (S4O-04363)
12.00 pm First Minister’s Questions
1. Kezia Dugdale: To ask the First Minister what engagements she has planned for the rest of the day. (S4F-02803)
2. Ruth Davidson: To ask the First Minister when she will next meet the Prime Minister. (S4F-02800)
3. Willie Rennie: To ask the First Minister what issues will be discussed at the next meeting of the Cabinet. (S4F-02799)
4. Kenneth Gibson: To ask the First Minister what discussions the Scottish Government has had with the UK Government regarding the safety of Trident nuclear submarines. (S4F-02802)
5. Neil Findlay: To ask the First Minister what progress the Scottish Government is making on increasing the number of companies and organisations paying the living wage. (S4F-02804)
6. Kevin Stewart: To ask the First Minister what action the Scottish Government is taking to allow more disabled people to access modern apprenticeships. (S4F-02801)
followed by Members’ Business
Debate on the subject of—
S4M-12535 Clare Adamson: Scottish Fire Sprinkler Coordination Group—That the Parliament welcomes the Scottish Fire Sprinkler Coordination Group to the Parliament for its awareness-raising event on 21 May 2015; notes the success of the Fire Sprinklers in Residential Premises (Scotland) Bill in securing a commitment from the administration in relation to the fitting of automatic fire sprinklers to all new care homes and sheltered housing developments following the tragic deaths at Rosepark Care Home in Uddingston; welcomes all developments that improve fire safety, and recognises that several countries, such as Finland, Norway, Sweden and New Zealand, have begun retrofitting automatic sprinklers to buildings.
2.30 pm Parliamentary Bureau Motions
followed by Devolution (Further Powers) Committee Debate: New Powers for Scotland: An Interim Report on the Smith Commission and the UK Government’s Proposals
S4M-13160 Bruce Crawford on behalf of the Devolution (Further Powers) Committee: New Powers for Scotland: An Interim Report on the Smith Commission and the UK Government’s Proposals—That the Parliament notes the conclusions and recommendations contained in the Devolution (Further Powers) Committee’s 3rd Report, 2015 (Session 4), New Powers for Scotland: An Interim Report on the Smith Commission and the UK Government’s Proposals (SP Paper 720).
followed by Business Motions
followed by Parliamentary Bureau Motions
5.00 pm Decision Time
Back to top