Businesses from across Scotland are being urged to take this last opportunity to sign up for the Parliament’s annual business conference.
Now in its eighth year, Business in Parliament brings together politicians and senior representatives from businesses across Scotland during the two day event on 21 and 22 November.
Tackling the major issues that matter to Scottish businesses, this year’s event will look at how to maximise economic growth during a time of financial constraint.
The event is chaired by the Scottish Parliament’s Presiding Officer, the Rt. Hon Tricia Marwick MSP. Key note speakers will include the Chief Executive of RBS, Ross McEwan, the First Minister, the Rt. Hon Alex Salmond MSP and Convener of the Economy, Energy and Tourism Committee Murdo Fraser MSP.
Delegates will also benefit from the expertise of leading business people during a series of workshops on a wide range of issues including international trade; improving access to finance and how to best utilise technology in business.
Held jointly by both the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government, the event is supported by all the main business organisations in Scotland (CBI Scotland, Federation of Small Business, Scottish Council for Development and Industry, Institute of Directors, Scottish Chambers of Commerce and Scottish Financial Enterprise) as well as the STUC and the Parliament’s Business Exchange.
If you are a business that wants to sign up for the event, please email your details (name, organisation, type of business, location) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Businesses will then receive an email letting them know if they have been successful in securing one of the last remaining places.
There is no charge for attending this conference.
The full conference programme is below
Thursday 21 November
- 6.00pm Drinks reception – Hosted by the Rt. Hon Tricia Marwick MSP, Presiding Officer
- 7.00pm Conference Dinner
Friday 22 November
- 9.00am Welcome – The Rt. Hon Tricia Marwick MSP, Presiding Officer
- 9.10am Views from the Committee – Murdo Fraser MSP, Convener of the Economy, Energy and Tourism Committee
- 9.20am Keynote speaker – Mr Ross McEwan, Chief Executive, RBS
- 9:50am Scottish Government view – The First Minister, The Rt. Hon Alex Salmond MSP
- 10.10am Networking opportunity
- 10.45am Workshops
- 12.20pm Question and answer session on delegate’s questions
- 1.15pm Closing speech – John Swinney MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Finance, Employment and Sustainable Growth
- 1.30pm Closing Remarks – The Rt. Hon Tricia Marwick MSP, Presiding Officer