On Tuesday, the Health and Sport Committee took evidence on access to newly licensed medicines from witness including Professor Angela Timoney (pictured), chair of the New Drugs Committee at the Scottish Medicines Consortium.
The other witnesses at the evidence session were:
- Dr Jonathan Fox, co-chair of the New Drugs Committee, Scottish Medicines Consortium
- Professor David Webb, Consultant Physician at the Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh and Christison Professor of Therapeutics and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Edinburgh, Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
- Dr Rachel Green, Associate Medical Director - Diagnostic Directorate, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
- David Pfleger, Director of Pharmacy & Medicines Management, NHS Grampian
- Melinda Cuthbert, Lead Pharmacist, Lothian Medicines Information Service/Yellow Card Centre Scotland, NHS Lothian
- Andy Powrie-Smith, Director, Sandra Auld, Operations Director, and Dr Frances Macdonald, Pharmaceutical Industry Representative on SMC and Chairman of SMC User Group Forum, Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry.