Purpose of the group
- To help the Scottish Parliament to address the challenges of an ageing population.
- To provide MSPs with a source of information and expertise on issues of age.
- To bring together those with an interest in the well-being of older people.
- To encourage co-operation in promoting the interests of older people and their involvement with the Scottish Parliament.
- To assist the Scottish Parliament in meeting older people’s needs as well as benefiting from their experience.
Non MSP Individuals
Amanda Gordon (office of Sandra White MSP) - treasurer
Outside the Box - secretary
Action on Elder Abuse Scotland
Action on Hearing Loss
Big Lottery Fund Scotland
British Geriatric Society
Campaign to end loneliness
Centre for Cognitive Ageing, University of Edinburgh
DEEP – Network of Dementia Voices
Faith in Older People
Generations Working Together
LGBT Health and Wellbeing
Life Changes Trust
Mental Health Foundation
Places for People Care and Support
Roar – Connections for Life
Royal College of Psychiatrists
Royal College of Speech and Language Therapy
RoSPA – Royal Society for Prevention of Accidents
Scottish Borders Social Enterprise Chamber (SBSEC)
Scottish Older People’s Assembly - secretary
Scottish Pensioners Forum
Scottish Seniors Alliance
TIDE – Together in dementia everyday
Eat Well, Age Well
Life Care – Vintage Vibes
Living Streets Scotland
Association of British Insurers
Vegetarian for Life
Scottish Association of Social Work
Royal Voluntary Service
Scottish Ambulance Service
Scottish Fire & Rescue
Sovereign Property Group
Voluntary Centre East Ayrshire
Cross Party Groups and GDPR
Please note that some Cross-Party Groups have external organisations that provide secretariat support to the Group. These organisations manage your information in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements. The links to the privacy policies, of the organisations that have provided them to the Scottish Parliament are available on our website.