Iain Gray MSP

Welcome to Iain Gray MSP's biography pages

Parliamentary Activities

Search for other speeches made by this member

Education and Skills Committee 20 February 2019 [Draft] : 20 February 2019


Iain Gray

The tests either contribute to accountability or they do not.



Education and Skills Committee 20 February 2019 [Draft] : 20 February 2019


Iain Gray

The Scottish Government’s evidence to the committee says that the SNSAs are specifically “Not for accountability purposes”. However, when I ask you about the Gove...



Education and Skills Committee 20 February 2019 [Draft] : 20 February 2019


Iain Gray

None of the witnesses from whom we have taken evidence believed that to be the case at a national level, even though some of them were very supportive of a lot of...



Education and Skills Committee 20 February 2019 [Draft] : 20 February 2019


Iain Gray

The SSLN provided a degree of accountability for Government on the performance of the education system that had statistical rigour. Have you not thrown that baby ...



Education and Skills Committee 20 February 2019 [Draft] : 20 February 2019


Iain Gray

No witness in any of the evidence that we have heard has ever described the SSLN as a burden on the system or teachers. Indeed, the EIS made it clear that it felt...



Education and Skills Committee 20 February 2019 [Draft] : 20 February 2019


Iain Gray

That is fine. Would the process not have b...



Education and Skills Committee 20 February 2019 [Draft] : 20 February 2019


Iain Gray

You are talking about the public part of the education system.



Education and Skills Committee 20 February 2019 [Draft] : 20 February 2019


Iain Gray

When you say “across the education system”, you mean the public education system.



Education and Skills Committee 20 February 2019 [Draft] : 20 February 2019


Iain Gray

But you are excluding from that data a group that, it is fair to say, we would expect to be at the higher end of the attainment range, because of its privileged position in the private secto...



Education and Skills Committee 20 February 2019 [Draft] : 20 February 2019


Iain Gray

It will not do that, because the performance of part of the education system—the independent sector—has been removed from that data.

Vote DetailMSP VoteResult
S5M-15907: Budget (Scotland) (No.3) Bill (Derek Mackay)
Meeting Date: 21/02/2019
Result - For: 66, Against: 58 Abstain: 0
>> Show more
AgainstCarried
S5M-15879: Scottish Rate Resolution (Derek Mackay)
Meeting Date: 19/02/2019
Result - For: 61, Against: 52 Abstain: 6
>> Show more
AgainstCarried
S5M-15723: Establishment of a Committee (Graeme Dey)
Meeting Date: 06/02/2019
Result - For: 92, Against: 19 Abstain: 0
>> Show more
Not VotedCarried
S5M-15625.1: Budget (Scotland) (No.3) Bill (Murdo Fraser)
Meeting Date: 31/01/2019
Result - For: 30, Against: 96 Abstain: 0
>> Show more
AgainstDefeated
S5M-15625: Budget (Scotland) (No.3) Bill (Derek Mackay)
Meeting Date: 31/01/2019
Result - For: 67, Against: 58 Abstain: 1
>> Show more
AgainstCarried
S5M-15607.1: Presumption to Mainstream (Iain Gray)
Meeting Date: 30/01/2019
Result - For: 27, Against: 92 Abstain: 0
>> Show more
ForDefeated
S5M-15615.2: Tackling Antisocial Behaviour (Ash Denham)
Meeting Date: 30/01/2019
Result - For: 69, Against: 50 Abstain: 0
>> Show more
AgainstCarried
S5M-15609.2: A Connected Scotland, the Scottish Government’s Strategy for Tackling Social Isolation and Loneliness (Alex Rowley)
Meeting Date: 29/01/2019
Result - For: 23, Against: 84 Abstain: 0
>> Show more
Not VotedDefeated
S5M-15507.2: Supporting Entrepreneurship (Rhoda Grant)
Meeting Date: 23/01/2019
Result - For: 82, Against: 27 Abstain: 0
>> Show more
ForCarried
S5M-15514: Approval of SSI (Graeme Dey)
Meeting Date: 23/01/2019
Result - For: 82, Against: 0 Abstain: 27
>> Show more
ForCarried

Search for other Motions lodged by Iain Gray
EventIdTypeSub TypeMSP NameParty NameConstituencyRegionTitleItemTextFormattedAnswer DateAnswerStatusIdExpectedAnswerDateAnsweredByMspApprovedDateSubmissionDateMeetingDateProductionStatusIdRecordStatusIdStatus DateOnBehalfOfConsideredForMembersBusinessCrossPartySupportRegisteredInterestSupportCountSupportDateIsEventLinkCurrentMinister
Motion S5M-15703: Iain Gray, East Lothian, Scottish Labour, Date Lodged: 04/02/2019 Show Full Motion >>
Motion S5M-15607.1: Iain Gray, East Lothian, Scottish Labour, Date Lodged: 29/01/2019 Show Full Motion >>
Motion S5M-15021: Iain Gray, East Lothian, Scottish Labour, Date Lodged: 03/12/2018 Show Full Motion >>
Motion S5M-14886: Iain Gray, East Lothian, Scottish Labour, Date Lodged: 22/11/2018 Show Full Motion >>
Motion S5M-14877: Iain Gray, East Lothian, Scottish Labour, Date Lodged: 22/11/2018 Show Full Motion >>
Motion S5M-14885: Iain Gray, East Lothian, Scottish Labour, Date Lodged: 22/11/2018 Show Full Motion >>
Motion S5M-14847: Iain Gray, East Lothian, Scottish Labour, Date Lodged: 21/11/2018 Show Full Motion >>
Motion S5M-14638.3: Iain Gray, East Lothian, Scottish Labour, Date Lodged: 06/11/2018 Show Full Motion >>
Motion S5M-14258: Iain Gray, East Lothian, Scottish Labour, Date Lodged: 08/10/2018 Show Full Motion >>
Motion S5M-14168: Iain Gray, East Lothian, Scottish Labour, Date Lodged: 01/10/2018 Show Full Motion >>
Search for other Questions asked by Iain Gray
EventIdTypeSub TypeMSP NameParty NameConstituencyRegionTitleItemTextFormattedAnswer DateAnswerStatusIdExpectedAnswerDateAnsweredByMspApprovedDateSubmissionDateMeetingDateProductionStatusIdRecordStatusIdStatus DateOnBehalfOfConsideredForMembersBusinessCrossPartySupportRegisteredInterestSupportCountSupportDateIsEventLinkCurrentMinister
Question S5O-02925: Iain Gray, East Lothian, Scottish Labour, Date Lodged: 20/02/2019 Show Full Question >>
Question S5W-21218: Iain Gray, East Lothian, Scottish Labour, Date Lodged: 23/01/2019 Show Full Question >>
Question S5W-21103: Iain Gray, East Lothian, Scottish Labour, Date Lodged: 18/01/2019 Show Full Question >>
Question S5O-02786: Iain Gray, East Lothian, Scottish Labour, Date Lodged: 08/01/2019 Show Full Question >>
Question S5W-20759: Iain Gray, East Lothian, Scottish Labour, Date Lodged: 20/12/2018 Show Full Question >>
Question S5O-02749: Iain Gray, East Lothian, Scottish Labour, Date Lodged: 17/12/2018 Show Full Question >>
Question S5W-20427: Iain Gray, East Lothian, Scottish Labour, Date Lodged: 06/12/2018 Show Full Question >>
Question S5W-20428: Iain Gray, East Lothian, Scottish Labour, Date Lodged: 06/12/2018 Show Full Question >>
Question S5W-20421: Iain Gray, East Lothian, Scottish Labour, Date Lodged: 06/12/2018 Show Full Question >>
Question S5W-20098: Iain Gray, East Lothian, Scottish Labour, Date Lodged: 21/11/2018 Show Full Question >>

Lobbying

From 12 March 2018 face-to-face lobbying conversations with MSPs must be registered on the Lobbying Register. Find out more at www.lobbying.scot.

Further information

Email our Public Information Service for more information.

This website is using cookies.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this website.