Purpose of the group
- To help the Scottish Parliament to address the challenges of an ageing population.
- To provide MSPs with a source of information and expertise on issues of age.
- To bring together those with an interest in the well-being of older people.
- To encourage co-operation in promoting the interests of older people and their involvement with the Scottish Parliament.
- To assist the Scottish Parliament in meeting older people’s needs as well as benefiting from their experience.
16 January 2019 at 6pm in the James Clerk Maxwell Room (CR4). This will be a joint meeting with the CPG on Food.
13 March 2019 at 1pm in the Sir Alexander Fleming Room (CR3)
12 June 2019 at 1pm in the Sir Alexander Fleming Room (CR3)
Next meeting: 12 December 2018
This meeting will be held at 1pm in the Sir Alexander Fleming Room (CR3).
Non MSP Individuals
Amanda Gordon (office of Sandra White MSP) - treasurer
Outside The Box Development Support - secretary
Action on Elder Abuse Scotland
Action on Hearing Loss
Big Lottery Fund Scotland
British Geriatric Society
Centre for Cognitive Ageing, University of Edinburgh
Faith in Older People
Generations Working Together
Places for People Care and Support
Royal College of Psychiatrists
Royal College of Speech and Language Therapy
Scottish Older People’s Assembly
Scottish Pensioners Forum
Scottish Seniors Alliance
12 December 2018